Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You know you are potty training when...

1. Every time your child goes to the bathroom she asks for a treat.

2. When your spouse gets home, the first thing you tell them is that your child did/ did not have any accidents that day and then give all the lovely details.

3. You get excited thinking about not buying anymore diapers.

4. You walk around the house singing The Cleaning Routine, The Potty Cheer, and Let's Make Flushing Fun! (or you fall asleep singing the songs too).

5. Your husband informs you he is making a phone call, and you might want to stop singing the above mentioned songs at the top of your lungs with your child.

6. Your child constantly asks to watch the "Pa DD" (translation: Potty DVD) that has the above mentioned songs. (If you want this lovely Potty DVD, go to Pullups.com I got it from them for free!)

7. After YOU go to the bathroom, your child looks at you and says, "Good Mah!" (translation: Good job, Mom!)

The above picture was taken back in March when, occasionally, Lydia was showing interest in the potty. I don't think she actually went, but we decided that we would let her sit there and see what it was all about!

6 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

Oh man, good times to look forward to! I love #2 about telling your husband about it when he comes home! :)

Tyson and Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyson and Laurel said...

You have such a beautiful little family, Michelle and Jeff! What fun times. ;)

Is Lydia potty trained? That's exciting! I remember with Matthew feeling like I had beaten all the odds when he was potty trained. It was a big thing for me. :)

stacey said...

What a fun list. I hope it is going well thus far. Some girl in our ward announced during our good news minute a couple weeks ago that her 2 year old decided over the course of 2 or 3 days that she was going to be potty-trained (unlike the older kids in the same family!). Wouldn't that be grand? Sounds like Lydia is doing well!!

stacey said...

Well the older kids are potty trained in that family, I just meant the mom really had to struggle with them for months. BTW, I love that picture of Claire on your sidebar. She is so cute and happy!!

Michelle said...

No, Lydia is not completely potty trained, but I feel like we are getting closer. We just have one last hurdle to get over, and then she'll hopefully be there (at least for the day)! I am getting more excited, yet all at the same time, it is stressful and I am looking forward to it being done too!